Avshalom Zohar Sal


Date of birth29/03/1997



Where you live? Kibbutz Ein Shemer


How many brothers and sisters do you have? 3 brothers


Is your family traditional / religious / secular? my family secular but we celebrating holidays. 

 
What are your hobbies? Most all the time i take part of youth society (in the high school) it is a boarding school  were we make culture activities for youth, part of this society belongs to the Youth movement, Hashomer Hatzair, I guide activities in the Hashomer Hatzair for three years and I'm a member of this movement since 10 years. in the past i play on trumpet and I played professional Volleyball.

 
Describe your social life: my hobbies Including my friends and my social life, my friends always said "Ashalom has his life in Mosad (the youth society).


What subjects/topics do you learn at school? I learn a Core subjects: English , Hebrew , Bible , civics , mathematics , sports , history , gender. and extend subjects are scientific literature and environmentalists


What topic/subject do you like most? civics and environmentalists.



If I could change something in my life would be....My country , but not replace Israel , changes the values ​​and actions of the state .


Let me Eavesdropping song is customary to sing Israel's Independence Day
" Blue and white ( the colors of the Israeli flag)
blue and white
This is my color
Rest forever .

blue and white,
Like a song , like a dream .
blue and white
Hope for peace ."

V . B.
Hebrew has sung rhymes...




 What makes me excited is .......When I Working for something good...in the end it feels "big time"

Were do I volunteer?
I volunteer in the youth movement Hashomer Hatzair.
During the last  two years I taught in the youth movement local club, guiding the first year the group of the fifth grade students which are the children of the kibbutzim and our region Menashe regional council. This last summer I traveled for two weeks to live in a commune in Ashkelon to guide a volunteer camp for children of needed families. 

It is important for me to volunteer in education and guide, because in the future point of view, education above all will determine the character of the child.
This gives me a feeling that I can influence the way he'll  look at the world and it'll give a chance to change something in the world.
This project in the summer move me from my "secure surrounding and place" and give me the opportunity to make a change, even thought little changes, in this youth life. These were smallest things like in the form of speech how we accept each other ...Although these were only two weeks, but the encounter and working with these young children and living for 2 weeks with other students in this frame, has changed and deepen my way of thinking and enrich me with new values and gave me an important knowledge knowing I did something good for the other.